If you are looking for the best microwave oven in India, you are at the right place. Our experts did extensive research to find the best microwave oven in each type. Scroll down to check different types of microwave oven and their types.
Times have changed today, with almost every Indian home having a microwave oven in its kitchen. The cooking preferences of Indians have undergone a cast change as children today prefer to have sandwiches, pizzas, muffins, and popcorn.
Those desiring non-vegetarian food would love to prepare their chicken grills and kebabs using the grill-type microwave oven. Reheating frozen foods is also convenient utilizing these kitchen appliances.
Let us discuss the different types of microwave ovens available in India and their uses.
Best Microwave Oven in India 2022
Generally, you get three types of microwave ovens in the Indian market. Depending on your preferences, you can select the ideal one for your home.
1. Solo Microwave Oven
Solo microwave ovens are basic microwave ovens used for simple cooking activities like preparing sandwiches, popcorn, and beverages like tea and coffee. You can also reheat your food conveniently in the solo microwave oven. A solo microwave oven should be available in the price range of Rs 5,000.
|Best Solo Microwave Oven||Capacity||Price|
|Samsung MS23F301TAK/TL||23 Liters||View at Amazon|
|Bajaj Microwave Oven 1701MT||17 Liters||View at Amazon|
|LG Microwave Oven MS2043BP||20 Liters||View at Amazon|
2. Grill Microwave Oven
People who prefer non-vegetarian dishes frequently love to purchase the grill microwave oven. It is handy for preparing kebabs, tandoori chicken, etc. However, you can use the oven for making vegetarian dishes like grilled paneer. While it can perform all the functions that a solo microwave oven can, it comes with additional grilling accessories. The grill microwave oven is comparatively expensive and available in the price band of Rs 8,000 to Rs 10,000.
|Best Grill Microwave oven||Capacity||Price|
|Philips HD6975/00 Digital OTG||25 Liters||View at Amazon|
|Bajaj Majesty 1603T OTG||16 Liters||View at Amazon|
|Panasonic NN-GT221WFDG||20 Liters||View at Amazon|
3. Convection Microwave Oven
The convection microwave oven is a multi-utility cooking device that allows you to bake pizzas, cakes, bread, and brownies. Besides, it can function as a grill microwave oven. These appliances use a heating element and a fan to create air-flow patterns to hasten the cooking process. The convection microwave oven is the most expensive of the lot and comes in the price bracket of Rs 12,000 to Rs 18,000.
|Best Convection Microwave Oven||Capacity||Price|
|Samsung CE1041DSB2/TL||28 Liters||View at Amazon|
|LG 28L - MC2846BG||28 Liters||View at Amazon|
|IFB - 20SC2||20 Liters||View at Amazon|
Things to Know while purchasing a microwave oven1) Microwave-safe plastic utensils are ideal for use inside the microwave oven.
2) You should avoid using metal utensils, glass, and even baby milk bottles inside the microwave.
3) As the microwave oven will be hot inside during the baking process, it is advisable to use microwave oven gloves.
4) Scientific studies indicate that there is no health risk in consuming microwave food.
5) A microwave oven is different from an Oven Toaster and Griller (OTG). While a convection microwave is ideal for defrosting, reheating, and baking (for beginners), the OTG is suited for professional use by bakers.
A microwave oven is different from an Oven Toaster and Griller (OTG). While a convection microwave is ideal for defrosting, reheating, and baking (for beginners), the OTG is suited for professional use by bakers.
Check our review on three of the best microwave ovens available in each category.
1. Best Solo Microwave Oven in India
1.1 Samsung 23L Microwave Oven– MS23F301TAK/TL, Black
The Samsung 23L solo microwave oven is an ideal cooking appliance for the average Indian family. The best aspect of this microwave oven is that it is one of the most convenient to clean after using it.
The one-touch healthy cooking feature makes the Samsung 23L one of the best microwave oven in India in its niche. Both vegetarians and non-vegetarians can use the appliance for cooking a range of Indian recipes.
The highlighting factor is the ceramic enamel cavity that makes it easy to clean. There is no discoloration, and hence, the appliance lasts long. Besides, the ceramic enamel interiors offer anti-bacterial protection to enhance the hygiene quotient.
Its innovative Triple Distribution System technology ensures the distribution of microwaves evenly throughout, resulting in uniformly cooked food. Operating the Samsung 23L solo microwave oven is convenient because of its one-touch controls. The Energy Saving Mode is a handy feature as it lowers the standby power consumption considerably. The premium design and stylish looks can attract you to purchase it for your kitchen.
If you are looking for the best solo microwave oven in India to cater to your essential cooking requirements, Samsung is one of the best microwave oven brands available in India.
- Ceramic enamel interiors are easy to clean. You can use a damp cloth and wipe the interiors clean after the machine cools down.
- The dial controls are convenient to use for the older adults in your home.
- It is an ideal microwave for reheating, defrosting, and cooking Indian recipes.
- The child lock feature prevents anyone from tampering with the controls. It also prevents unnecessary injuries.
- This Samsung 23L solo microwave is an energy-saving appliance
- As it is a solo microwave oven, you cannot bake cakes and bread in it. Similarly, grilling your paneer and kebabs is out of the question.
- The inner cavity has a dark coating making it challenging to monitor the cooking status.
View Samsung Solo Microwave oven at Amazon
1.2 Bajaj 17L Solo Microwave Oven – 1701 MT, White
While the average Indian family can purchase the Samsung 23L solo microwave oven, individuals, bachelors, and couples prefer an oven with a lower capacity. The Bajaj 17L solo microwave oven should prove the ideal appliance for such homes.
The timer function in this Bajaj 17L solo microwave allows you to set timings for your dishes and continue with your regular cooking. The oven notifies you after completing the process.
This appliance offers five different cooking levels to add to your convenience levels. The mechanical knobs make it easy for anyone to operate the oven. The solo type allows you to perform simple cooking jobs like reheating, defrosting, and preparing bread toasts, rotis, and popcorn.
One of the striking aspects of the Bajaj 17L solo microwave oven is controlling the temperature levels using the five different power levels.
The 17L capacity makes this microwave oven a compact appliance to fit into your kitchen ambiance comfortably. This oven is a decent buy, considering the 700 wattage output that allows for speedy and efficient cooking. At this price segment, this is considered the best solo type microwave oven in India.
If your primary requirements are reheating, defrosting, and preparing simple foods, you can go for the Bajaj 17L solo microwave oven. This model is available at an attractive pricing of less than Rs 5,000.
- This oven features a 30-minute timer function to let you set different cooking times, depending on the menu. This feature saves time because you can continue with your other activities and let this oven do its job.
- Homemakers, especially older adults, prefer manual controls to the electronic touch control options as they feel comfortable using them.
- The 17L capacity makes the Bajaj solo microwave model one of the best microwave ovens under Rs 10,000.
- The mechanical controls do not allow you to set precise timings.
- You cannot use the solo microwave oven for grilling and other heavy-duty cooking activities.
Buy Bajaj Microwave Oven at Amazon
1.3 LG 20L Solo Microwave Oven – MS2043BP, Black
People who are comfortable with touch control options can opt for the LG 20L solo microwave oven. The electronic control options make this oven more expensive than the Samsung 23L solo microwave oven. However, the 20L LG appliance is ideal for small families with moderate cooking requirements.
LG makes your job easy by including a touchpad control panel, making it easy for you to operate the machine with precision. These electronic controls add a touch of class and make this solo microwave oven one of the best-looking kitchen appliances.
This machine is perfect for your moderate cooking responsibilities like reheating food, defrosting and cooking. This solo microwave oven emits microwaves at a frequency of 2450MHz to ensure a speedy cooking session every time you use it.
LG emphasizes hygiene by including an anti-bacteria cavity that reduces bacterial contamination inside the oven. It also prevents foul odor and helps in cleaning the appliance.
This solo microwave oven saves power because the automatic display off feature starts functioning during the standby mode. It also gets activated after five minutes of opening or closing the door.
The preset Auto cook menu allows you to select the dish and press the Start option. There is no need to set the timer as the oven proceeds with its job. The 44 preset menus allow you to cook up to 28 Indian delicacies.
This solo microwave oven uses Intellowave technology to ensure speedier and healthy cooking. Besides, it enhances the taste factor. The Keep Warm feature is unique in this solo microwave as it enables you to keep the food warm for 90 minutes.
Though the LG 20L solo microwave is more expensive than the 23L Samsung unit, the LG model is a better bet because of its innovative touchpad control options. Performance-wise, this LG is one of the best microwave oven in India in its category.
- This LG solo microwave oven is ideal for your home because it enables easy and healthy cooking.
- The touchpad membrane is sensitive to touch and easy to use. It also adds to the glamour quotient.
- The 20L capacity is suitable for small families and single individuals.
- Features like child lock ensure high safety as it does not allow anyone to tamper with your machine.
- The black interiors and the dark glass door makes it challenging to monitor your cooking.
- Many people can feel uncomfortable with the touchpad control operations as the mechanical knobs are easier to use for older adults.
Buy LG Solo Microwave Oven at Amazon
2. Best Grill Microwave Oven in India
2.1 Philips HD6975/00 25L Digital OTG
The OTG is different from the regular grill microwave oven because you can prepare professional-grade bread using these devices, like the Philips HD6975/00 25L. The 25-liter capacity makes this OTG an ideal appliance for a family of four to five people.
The grill microwave oven is a better kitchen appliance than the solo microwave because you can grill your favorite food in these appliances. The Philips OTG is one step better because you can use this machine for cooking, grilling, toasting, and baking.
This multi-utility cooking device works on Opti temp technology to ensure that your bread and cakes come out uniformly baked. The one-touch 10presett menu allows you to prepare up to 10 Indian delicacies with the greatest ease.
Preheating your food is never an issue with this Philips OTG, as it features a one-touch preheat functionality. It ensures that you have fresh and hot food every time you sit down for a meal. Though this Philips OTG comes with manual controls, it features a digital display panel to make it convenient to select modes, recipes, timer functions, and temperature controls.
While the solo microwave ovens discussed above, like the LG, Samsung, etc., had black interior cabins, this Philips OTG is different. It features a unique chamber lighting arrangement to allow you to monitor your cooking activity.
The wide range of accessories available with the Philips OTG makes it one of the favorites of Indian homemakers. Besides the OTG, this appliance includes a baking tray, grill rack, a pair of tongs, a crumb tray, and skewer rods.
Though a convection oven can deliver better performance, this Philips 25L OTG enables you to come up with excellent Indian delicacies to make your day. This 25L OTG should qualify as one of the best microwave ovens under Rs 10,000.
- The soft-touch chrome finish knobs add to your convenience and make the unit an attractive appliance in your kitchen. It is easy to use as turning it to your right increases the temperature, and a left turn reduces it.
- The range of multiple accessories makes it one of the most versatile OTGs available in this pricing range.
- The Opti Temp technology is beneficial because it does not allow your cakes and bread to burn. They come out with uniform and optimum browning to taste better.
- The 10presett menu enables you to prepare a range of Indian recipes with ease.
- The oven handle tends to get hot when the oven runs continuously for a long time. It can be a significant discomfort trying to open the chamber with bare hands.
- The baking tray needs improvements in its design.
View Philips Grill Microwave oven at Amazon
2.2 Bajaj Majesty 1603T 16L OTG
The general perception is that an OTG should have a minimum capacity of more than 20L because of its additional attachments. This Bajaj Majesty 1603T has a capacity of 16L to qualify as an excellent choice for single individuals and couples who love to cook grilled food at home.
The Bajaj Majesty 1603T is a multi-utility cooking device capable of baking, toasting, and grilling your food with ease. This appliance comes equipped with various accessories that include a baking tray, grill tray, skewer rods, crumb tray, and tongs for baking.
If you compare the pricing of the Bajaj Majesty 1603T with its solo microwave counterpart, Bajaj 1701MT, you can find that the Bajaj Majesty 1603T is a better bet. Besides costing less, this appliance offers additional facilities like baking, toasting, and grilling. This OTG works on the convection mode, as well.
In this electronic age, the mechanical knobs for operating the OTG look out of place. However, they present convenient options because of their easy maneuverability.
Facilities like Auto Shutoff help you save power as the machine shuts itself off if it senses any inactivity for five minutes. The unique heating element design ensures to provide the ideal temperature for cooking your recipes. You can use the thermostat to monitor the temperature regularly.
The rotisserie is a handy accessory as it proves helpful as a toaster and preparing recipes that do not require the fan function. You can also use the rotisserie for baking delicious cakes and cookies. The skewer rods enable you to grill your meat or paneer to prepare delicious dishes.
While it is normal for OTGs to get hot during your baking sessions, this Bajaj Majesty 1603T is a good option as it features a heat-isolated door handle to prevent burn injuries to the user. Hence, it is an ideal kitchen appliance to help you out with baking, toasting, and grilling.
- This appliance comes with separate settings for temperature control, timer function, and selector option. Though mechanical, it is convenient to use.
- The 60-minute timer allows you to set appropriate timing for your food preparation and let you carry on with your other chores. The machine alerts you when the job is over.
- This Bajaj Majesty 16L OTG offers enough space in its chamber to enable you to place large vessels.
- The excellent ventilation options available on this appliance allow the heat to escape conveniently.
- This machine is an OTG. Hence, it does not allow you to reheat your food.
- You cannot bake a 2Kg birthday cake in this oven. The maximum you can go is up to 1.5Kg.
View Bajaj Grill Microwave oven at Amazon
2.3 Panasonic 20L Grill Microwave Oven, NN-GT221WFDG, White
While an OTG does not enable you to reheat food before eating, the grill microwave oven is different. This Panasonic 20L Grill Microwave Oven features 38 auto cook menus to deliver an excellent performance.
The Panasonic kitchen appliance is a compact microwave oven with a 20L capacity. While helping you cook your favorite menus within no time, this oven saves counter space.
This Panasonic oven is different from others in its niche because it can function at two different power options. The microwave function features three power levels and delivers a maximum output of 800W. The grill can work at five different levels for a maximum output of 1000W. Hence, it takes less time to cook your food.
The 38 auto cook menus make cooking an easy task. You can prepare various food items ranging from grilled food, main courses, snacks, and desserts.
The one-touch access electronic control options are convenient to use. You can use these options to activate the auto-reheat, auto-cook, and auto-defrost, depending on your preferences. The digital control panel provides a range of controlling features like temperature and timer controls.
While not being as flexible as an OTG like the Bajaj Majestic 1603 or Philips OTG, this Panasonic Grill Microwave Oven is a valuable appliance because it performs other functions like defrosting and reheating. Hence, it is an excellent device to have in the kitchen.
- The glass turntable function inside the oven chamber allows the food to rotate uniformly to ensure even heat distribution. Thus, your food cooks perfectly.
- The 20L capacity should prove sufficient for an average Indian family.
- You can perform various functions like cooking, reheating, grilling, and defrosting on this Panasonic grill microwave oven.
- It features adequate ventilation options to let the heat escape conveniently.
- This oven does not come with accessories like a baking tray, crumb tray, etc. Compared to an OTG, this machine is not the ideal one for baking cakes and pizzas.
- The opaque glass cover does not allow you to monitor your cooking. You have to open the door to check the progress.
View Panasonic Grill Microwave Oven at Amazon
3. Best Convection Microwave Oven in India
3.1 Samsung 28L – CE1041DSB2/TL, Black
Convection ovens are more expensive than grill microwaves because they allow you to perform more cooking actions. This Samsung 28L model can bake, grill, cook, reheat, and defrost to qualify as one of India’s best convection microwave ovens.
You can use this Samsung convection oven to prepare delicious and healthy French fries without using oil. The Slim Fry technology uses warm air to fry your potato chips to ensure maximum crispiness.
If you run out of curd, you can use the Fermentation feature present in the Samsung 28L convection model to set the ideal temperature and prepare delicious curds anytime. Your Indian recipes taste crispier and better as this Samsung 28L model offers an extensive range of preset menus.
You have a mini tandoor in your kitchen as the Samsung 28L convection microwave enables you to prepare crispy rotis and naans within no time. You can set the temperature levels to as high as 200 degrees Celsius.
The Auto Cook menu is beneficial because you do not have to worry about each recipe’s temperature and timer settings. One-touch of a button is sufficient to prepare the most delicious Indian recipes you will ever taste.
This Samsung oven features a ceramic enamel cavity that is scratch resistant, prevents discoloration, and easy to clean. Besides, it offers a hygienic environment for cooking your food. The electronic touchpad control options add the element of sophistication to this appliance.
You can do away with your gas cooking ranges as the Samsung 28L convection microwave oven can cater to the culinary demands of almost every Indian kitchen. It is an invaluable asset to have in your kitchen. All the above features considered; this is one of the best microwave oven in India.
- It helps cook delicious food with the minimum effort. You have a range of readymade recipe options in the Auto Cook feature.
- The Slim Fry and Fermentation features add to your convenience levels. These facilities are not available in OTGs and solo microwave ovens.
- The ceramic interior cavity allows you to set high temperatures for preparing tandoori rotis. Your naans come out crispier than what your local restaurants offer.
- The stylish handle allows you to open the cavity door with ease. The design blends beautifully with the overall oven structure and adds to the glamor quotient.
- The spacious interiors make the Samsung 28L convection microwave oven perfect for large Indian families.
- Compared to the grill and solo microwave appliances, this convection oven is expensive. However, it offers additional features.
- The opaque glass cover does not allow you to see how your food is being cooked, but it does not let the heat escape, as well. Therefore, it speeds up the cooking process.
View Samsung Convection Microwave Oven at Amazon
3.2 LG 28L Convection Microwave Oven – MC2846BG, Black
LG 28L convection microwave oven works on a maximum microwave frequency of 2450Hz to deliver an output of 900W. Thus, it speeds up your cooking process compared to other convection microwave ovens in its niche.
The LG 28L convection microwave offers 251 Auto cook menus with 175 Indian dishes. Thus, it enables you to have a different menu every day of the year.
Besides the regular reheating, cooking, and defrosting, this convection microwave enables you to grill and bake and provides a comprehensive alternative to the conventional gas cooking ranges.
Today, people are comfortable with using touchpad controls. The touch keypad is touch-sensitive and convenient to clean.
The quartz heater helps to keep your food warm. Hence, it is an ideal machine to reheat your food before eating. The heater is concealed and prevents hand injuries. Thus, the appliance is safe.
While convection microwave ovens like the Samsung 28L feature a ceramic enamel cavity, the LG 28L model comes with a stainless-steel cavity. Besides being more durable, this cavity is hygienic. It facilitates better heating of your food inside the oven.
Features like child lock ensure complete safety, especially when you have children in the house. The QuickStart function helps you save time as the conventional convection microwave ovens take time to get ready.
The availability of an extensive range of auto-cook menus makes this LG 28L convection microwave oven a desirable option. Though a bit expensive, it can replace the conventional gas cooking range.
- Though the OTG appliances like Philips and Bajaj Majesty, the LG 286 convection microwave oven bakes cakes and bread decently. Cakes and bread do not become brown when baked in this oven.
- 251 auto cook menus make the LG 28L model the best convection microwave oven in India. The Intellowave technology helps save power while delivering a power-packed performance.
- This microwave oven provides a recipe book to help you cook delicious food every day of the year.
- This multi-utility appliance enables you to prepare curds, paneer, and ghee.
- Though stainless steel facilitates better heating, these cavities are prone to scratches. Besides, stainless-steel cavities are expensive.
View LG Convectional Microwave Oven at Amazon
3.3 IFB 20L Convection Microwave Oven – 20SC2
One of the sterling aspects of the IFB 20L convection microwave oven is the overheat protection feature. It protects the appliance and also ensures proper cooking of your food. Besides the regular functions of a solo microwave oven, you can grill and bake on this oven.
The sleek design with touchpad controls makes this appliance attractive. The design is such that the handle does not get hot. It allows you to open the door without hurting your hands.
This convection microwave oven stores three cooking cycles in its memory, enabling you to cook in different styles. The multi-stage cooking helps you prepare a range of Indian cuisines. 24 standard menus in the Auto Cook feature make you an excellent cook.
Defrosting your frozen fish and meat is convenient in this convection microwave oven. You can enter the weight of the frozen food item and keep it inside the oven for defrosting. The oven calculates the time required for the process automatically.
The reheating function is handy as it ensures you have hot food on your plates every time you sit down to eat.
Other excellent features that influence your decision are the child lock function and the time display. No one can tamper with the machine’s controls after you set the child lock. The timer keeps you informed about cooking times, power level, and time at each stage of the cooking process.
Small families wishing to purchase a convection microwave oven can opt for the IFB 20L model. This model qualifies as one of the best microwave ovens under Rs 10,000 in India.
- The turntable function is beneficial as it enables uniform cooking of food. As it rotates slowly, the microwaves penetrate your food from different angles to ensure proper cooking.
- The 20L IFB model should be ideal for small families. If your requirements are higher, you can purchase an oven with a higher capacity, like the Samsung 28L or the LG 28L.
- The countertop installation type makes it a convenient appliance to have in your kitchen.
- You can make delicious cakes and bake bread in this oven. However, an OTG such as the Philips OTG or Bajaj Majesty 1603 is a better option.
- The pricing is an attractive feature.
- This convection oven does not come with rotary grilling facilities. Hence, you cannot grill paneer or meat using skewer rods.
View IFB Convectional Microwave at Amazon
We have provided a fair idea of what a microwave oven is. Now, you are also aware of the different types of microwave ovens available on the Indian market. Depending on your culinary preferences, you can select the model you like and have a great time cooking your family’s favorite cuisines. Besides, the models that we have reviewed are hygienic and safe. Your family, especially the children, would love the range of Indian recipes you prepare using these kitchen appliances.
Hope our expert research helped you to know the best microwave oven in India.
How to select the ideal microwave oven for your kitchen?
Your family size determines the type of microwave oven you choose. The microwave oven’s capacity is measured in liters. This table should make it easy for you to decide on the perfect option.
|Size of the Family||Microwave Oven Type||Ideal Capacity|
|Up to four members||Solo Microwave Oven||15 to 20 liters|
|Up to four members||Grill Or Convection Microwave Oven||21 to 30 liters|
|More than four and up to six members||Solo Microwave Oven||25 to 30 liters|
|More than four and up to six members||Grill Or Convection Microwave Oven||32 liters and more|
Before we proceed with the important things to know about microwave ovens, let us briefly understand the technology behind the process.
If you look closely inside your microwave oven, you will find an electron tube known as Magnetron. Magnetron releases microwaves with wavelengths ranging between one millimeter to one meter inside the oven compartment. These microwaves have unique properties due to which the water molecules present in the food start vibrating and generating heat. Therefore, you find it can be a challenge to cook dry food items in a microwave.
Pingback: Save environment campaign while shopping home appliances in India – Shillong Herald